The return of the Mental Health Matters podcast. A break where I noticed patterns in myself and the world around me. Raising questions about the prevalence of unhappiness and stress in our society. More to learn over upcoming episodes. In the meantime, it was a pleasure to share more great conversations. You can listen to it again here:
First of all, it was a pleasure to welcome Lorna Slade, who returned to the Phoenix FM studios to talk further about her therapy and counselling practice, but also specifically about her specialisation in Narcissistic Abuse.
She talked about her journey to specialise in it, the symptoms and results of it, some of the causes and how to spot if it’s happening to you.
You can contact Lorna via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
It was a privilege to meet Mario Lalli, founding member of the influential desert rock band Yawning Man in Manchester during their recent tour while joining Wychhound there. I recorded a conversation with him for a recent episode of my Musical Meanderings show.
What I noticed during it was that we ended up talking about how we were and where we got to in life. How he is now, in his 50s, busier with the band than he ever was before. That it can only happen now and we talked about how it was possible to have happiness in the moment.
I also shared a conversation of another return to the Phoenix FM studios. Tracy Richardson came back to speak to Bob Simpson on the One-2- 3 show to speak more of her work with Amazing Me – Tackling Mental Health and Wellbeing in schools.
You can find out more about Amazing Us and their Amazing Me programme here
Or you can email Tracy direct at email@example.com
Here are the articles mentioned in the mental health news:
Here are the songs played:
Aurora Borealis – Variations under rainlight (Eventually, we will all fall and live again – 2018)
Let us know what you think of the show
Facebook: Search “Mental Health Matters on Phoenix FM”
• Brentwood Mind 01277 234246 or brentwoodmind.org.uk
• Mind 0300 123 3393, text 86463 or Mind.org.uk
• Samaritans Free on 116 123 , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or Samaritans.org
• SANE 0300 304 7000 (6-11pm every evening) or Sane.org.uk
• Elefriends (MH Support Forum) – elefriends.org.uk
• Rethink Mental Illness website (for factsheets/blogs etc) : rethink.org
• Parents Helpline: Call: 0808 802 5544 or www.youngminds.org.uk
(Mon-Fri 9.30am-4pm, free from mobiles & landlines)
• The Silverline – 0800 4 70 80 90 (24 hours, 7 days a week) or thesilverline.org.uk
• The CALMzone (Campaign Against Living Miserably)
(5pm-midnight every evening)
• 0808 802 5858 if you’re in London
• or call 0800 58 58 58 Nationwide or thecalmzone.net