You can listen to it all here:
Myra McHale returned to the Mental Health Matters podcast to talk to me about her continuing journey with learning ways of helping people. She now specialises in Rapid Transformational Therapy, a new blend of hypnosis, cognitive therapy and other techniques.
In our interview she talked about how quick the results are and Myra explained the process and gave some examples of success stories.
She has also created a program which has a course including her Mindfulness training.
Find out more :
We also talked about some of the causes of homelessness, the effects on mental health, along with some shocking statistics. Rob also shared some good advice on how to help homeless people you come across, including using their service Street Link.
Is talking about mental health too much a good thing?
The benefits with connecting with nature:
With regard to the above- the youtube clip I shared by Bjørn Andreas Bull-Hansen on Returning to Our Roots- Men’s Mental Health:
The music played during the episode:
Corey Hart – Never Surrender (Boy In The Box – 1985)
Let us know what you think of the show
Facebook: Search “Mental Health Matters on Phoenix FM”
• Mind 0300 123 3393, text 86463 or Mind.org.uk
• Samaritans Free on 116 123 , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or Samaritans.org
• SANE 0300 304 7000 (6-11pm every evening) or Sane.org.uk
• Elefriends (MH Support Forum) – elefriends.org.uk
• Rethink Mental Illness website (for factsheets/blogs etc) : rethink.org
• Parents Helpline: Call: 0808 802 5544 or www.youngminds.org.uk
(Mon-Fri 9.30am-4pm, free from mobiles & landlines)
• The Silverline – 0800 4 70 80 90 (24 hours, 7 days a week) or thesilverline.org.uk
• The CALMzone (Campaign Against Living Miserably)
(5pm-midnight every evening)
• 0808 802 5858 if you’re in London
• or call 0800 58 58 58 Nationwide or thecalmzone.net