Brentwood, 11.14pm: 12°C, clear sky

National League Round-up: Saturday 2nd November



Dagenham & Redbridge’s recent downturn in form continued on Saturday, as they lost their third National League game in four.

Peter Taylor’s side travelled to the West Midlands to face a Solihull Moors team who, like them are managed by an ex-England international in Tim Flowers.

And Flowers – goalkeeper in the Blackburn Rovers side who were crowned Premiership champions in 1994/95- saw his side get off to a dream start, taking the lead inside 2 minutes when James Bell met a cross with his head and placed the ball past Daggers goalkeeper Elliott Justham to put his side 1-0 in front.

Despite the early setback the visitors were back in it with 20 minutes played, Reece Grant equalising – also with a header – after being set up well by Alex McQueen.

But Paul McCallum nodded past Justham in the 63rd minute to give Solihull a 2-1 victory and all three points, whilst Dagenham dropped to 14th place in the table.

In the National League South Braintree Town suffered their third defeat in four league outings, as they were beaten 3-0 by struggling Hungerford Town at Cressing Road.

The visitors climbed out of the relegation places thanks to goals from Cameron McGlip (2) and Liam Ferdinand.

Despite the setback Iron remain in 9th spot in the league standings.

A defeat too for Chelmsford City, whose frustratingly inconsistent pattern of results continued as they lost 2-1 at Slough Town.

The hosts went in at half-time two goals to the good, courtesy of a brace from Ben Harris who picked up a well-earned man of the match award after the final whistle.

Harris’s second five minutes before the break came from the penalty spot, following a foul by Clarets keeper Carl Pentney for which he was shown a yellow card.

Sam Higgins pulled a goal back just after half-time but despite he, Anthony Church and Jonny Giles all going close for City, they were unable to find the net again but stay in 10th place.

But it was a happy day for Concord Rangers, whose recent dismal run of league form abruptly ended with an excellent 3-1 win at home to Hemel Hempstead Town.

The home side, having lost their last five NLS games had a great start to the match, with Aron Pollock finding the net after only six minutes and Decarrey Sherriff doubling their lead just two minutes afterwards.

Hemel, managed by ex-Concord boss Sammy Moore pulled a goal back with 15 minutes left when Tosan Popo – one of a number of former Beach Boys Moore has recruited – pulled a goal back to make for a tense final quarter of an hour.

But four minutes into time added on Joel Nouble made sure of all three points for the hosts, making the final score 3-1 and taking Danny Scopes’ men back into the top half of the league in 11th place.

Unfortunately Billericay Town were forced to postpone their home match against Weymouth following an incident in the early hours of Saturday morning, which is being investigated by police.


Phoenix FM's partners

Beeches Care Home | Billericay Town Council | Billericay Town FC | Blue Serif | Brandler Galleries | Brentwood Care Centre | Brentwood Chamber of Commerce | C2C | Creative Recording Studios | Crystal Communication Solutions | Elan Fire and Security Group | F Barnes solicitors | Foxtel Audio Visual Solutions | Healthwatch Essex | Hawkhurst Alternative Investments | Holiday Inn | Hopefield Animal Sanctuary | Latitude Festival | LMS Heating Solutions | Network Magazine | NHS | O'Wango and TT Smart | Pure Orthodontics | Rainer Hughes | Renewables In Africa | Saint Francis Hospice | SEHBAC | Standon Calling Festival | Studio 6 Music | Will Protect

© Phoenix FM 1996-2020. Written using Notepad and PHP.