Loads happening on Stage Door this week. First of all thank you to my first guest Daniel Curley from Writtle Cards who came in to talk about their next fascinating production of East Lynne which will be at Writtle Village Hall on 21st-23rd July at 8pm. If you would like to go along you can book on 07742 301367 or email@example.com. Tickets are £7. If you missed the interview you can listen again below.
Thanks also to my second guest Gavin Wilkinson. You can also listen to his interview. If you would like to go and see his production of Our House with Tomorrow’s Talent at the Civic Theatre, Chelmsford it will be there between 20th and the 23rd July. Box Office is 01245 606505 or www.chelmsford.gov.uk/theatres.
Best of luck to both productions. Also a big well done to Shenfield Operatic Society for their production of The Mikado at the Brentwood Theatre last week. It was fantastic and really well put together with excellent performances. A very effective set of beautifully painted flats allowed the exquisite costumes to shine. Congratulations to all involved.
Other productions coming up: Please come along to the Brentwood Theatre next Sunday 17th July as we are doing a Musical Revue called An Ordinary Day to raise money for the Brentwood Theatre. It’s sounding fabulous at rehearsals with a great cast of local performers (and me!). Devised by Emma Jane Sweeney and Ian Southgate it is set in a New York coffee shop and uses contemporary songs from the West End and Broadway.Tickets can be booked on 01277 200305. Performances are at 3pm and 8pm.
If you fancy a spot of outdoor theatre why not try A MidSummer Nights Dream performed by touring company The Lord Chamberlain’s Men at Hylands Park on 21st & 22nd July. Tickets from 01245 606505 or www.chelmsford.gov.uk/theatres.
As I am in the concert next Sunday I won’t be on air next week, but see you the week after.
Here’s the playlist:
- Sparkling Diamonds from Moulin Rouge as sung by Nicole Kidman.
- I Just Can’t Wait to be King by Elton John and Tim Rice from The Lion King. Original Broadway Cast recording.
- Kiss Me Kate by Cole Porter from Kiss Me Kate, Broadway revival cast recording.
- Take A Chance on Me from Mamma Mia. Original London cast Recording.
- The Varsity Drag from Good News by DeSylva, Brown and Henderson.
- The Perfect Year from Sunset Boulevard by Andrew Lloyd Webber sung by Dinah Carroll.
- Losing Track of Time from Summer of 42 sung by Alice Ripley from her album with Emily Skinner called Unsuspecting Hearts.
- Don’t Stop Believin as sung by the cast of Glee.
- Fantasies Come True from Avenue Q by Robert Lopez and Jeff Marx. Original Cast Recording.
- Promised Their Mothers from The Girl in Pink Tights by Sigmund Romberg and Leo Robin.
- Our House by Madness.
- I Get a Kick Out of You by Cole Porter from Anything Goes. 2003 London Cast Recording.
- Overture from The Light in the Piazza by Adam Guettel. Original Broadway Cast Recording.
- The Trolley Song by Hugh Martin from Meet Me in St Louis. Original Film Recording.
- On the Sunny Side of the Street sung by Peggy Lee.