Tonight’s show was all about Flowers. Yes the theme for this week’s tracks was a whole array of foliage! See the playlist below. Thanks to all those who put in requests.
Thanks also to my guest for this evening. The lovely Joan Scott from Marlborough Dramatic Club. Congratulations to them for winning the Noda Shield for their October production of The Winslow Boy. If you would like to see their production this coming week of Ladies in Retirement it is on at the Brentwood Theatre 18-21st May at 8pm. All tickets are £11. Box Office is 01277 200305.
If you would like to see The Anthems Tour with Kerry Ellis and Brian May it is on at The Cliffs Pavilion on 19th May. Box Office is: 01702 351135. Lenny Henry’s play Corrine Come Back and Gone will be broadcast on Radio 4 on the 30th May.
Basildon Operatic Society will be doing Anything Goes this week at the Towngate Theatre in Basildon. It’s on 19th-21st May at 7.30pm with a 2.30pm Saturday matinee. Box Office is 0845 0950608 or www.essextheatreticketing.co.uk.
See you next week.
- Everything’s Coming Up Roses (by Jule Styne and Stephen Sondheim, from Gypsy) Bernadette Peters – 2003 Broadway revival cast
- London Pride (by Noel Coward) Vera Lynn – from Vera Lynn Remembers: the Songs That Won the War
- I’ve Grown Accustomed to Her Face (by Alan Jay Lerner and Frederick Loewe, from My Fair Lady) Jonathan Pryce – 2001 London revival cast
- Two Ladies in de Shade of de Banana Tree (by Harold Arlen and Truman Capote, from House of Flowers) 1954 original Broadway cast
- We’ll Gather Lilacs (by Ivor Novello, from Perchance to Dream) Clare Teal – Hey Ho
- Overture (by Richard Rodgers, from Flower Drum Song) 1958 original Broadway cast recording
- Wait (by Stephen Sondheim, from Sweeney Todd) Angela Lansbury and Len Cariou – 1979 original Broadway cast
- Take Me to the World (by Stephen Sondheim, from Evening Primrose) Theresa McCarthy and Neil Patrick Harris – 2001 studio cast
- Red, Red Rose (by George Rosie and Paul Allan Johnson, from Red, Red Rose) John Barrowman – Reflections from Broadway
- I Won’t Send Roses (by Jerry Herman, from Mack and Mabel) Robert Preston – 1974 original Broadway cast
- I Enjoy Being a Girl (by Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein, from Flower Drum Song) Lea Salonga – The Broadway Concert
- Days of Wine and Roses (by Henry Mancini and Johnny Mercer, from Days of Wine and Roses) Tony Christie – The Essential Collection
- Geraniums in the Winder / Stonecutters Cut It On Stone (by Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein, from Carousel) Clive Rowe, Phil Daniels and 1993 London revival cast
- Edelweiss (by Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein, from The Sound of Music) Bill Lee and 1965 film cast