Hi there Stage Door Listeners!
Yes it was Royal week on Stage Door tonight. All the tracks having a royal connection however loose! See the playlist below.
Here is a reminder of all the essential info you need if you want to look up things we discussed on the show tonight.
First of all if you want to find out where Grease the Musical is going on tour then go to: www.greasethemusical.co.uk.
Check out the podcast by The Stage on Rogers & Hammerstein by going to https://blogs.thestage.co.uk/podcasts/2011/04/rodgers-and-hammerstein-in-london/index.html. You can also activate The Stage Archive from this link too.
Iolanthe is on at the Wiltons Music Hall in London until 7th May so if you want to catch it the Box Office number is 0207 7702 2789.
If you are an amateur UK group interested in Princess Diana The Musical go to https://www.playsandmusicals.co.uk/musicals/twoact/drama/diana.htm
If you would like to attend Ballet Central on Thursday 5th May or Jongleurs on Friday 6th May they are both at the Civic Theatre in Chelmsford Box Office: 01245 606505 or www.chelmsford.gov.uk/theatres. If you would like to see or Domonic Kirwan on Wednesday 4th May or Writenight on Wednesday 11th May at the Queens Theatre, Hornchurch contact either 01708 443333 or www.queens-theatre.co.uk.
- Kiss Me Kate (by Cole Porter from Kiss Me Kate) Original Broadway Cast.
- I wonder what the king is doing tonight? (by Alan Jay Lerner and Frederick Loewe, from Camelot). Richard Burton – 1960 original Broadway cast.
- Find your Grail (by John Du Prez and Eric Idle, from Monty Python’s Spamalot). Sara Ramirez and 2005 original Broadway cast.
- Acid queen (by Peter Townshend, from Tommy). Tina Turner – (1994 Remaster) The Platinum Collection.
- Drinking song (by Sigmund Romberg and Dorothy Donnelly, from The Student Prince). Bonaventure Bottoni and 1989 studio cast.
- Agony (by Stephen Sondheim, from Into the Woods). Clive Carter – 1990 original London cast.
- You’re all the world to me (by Burton Lane and Alan Jay Lerner, from The Royal Wedding). Fred Astaire – 1951 film soundtrack.
- The Victoria and Albert waltz (by Charles Strouse and Lee Adams, from I and Albert). Original London cast recording.
- Rock ‘n’ roll party queen (by Jim Jacobs and Walter Casey, from Grease). 1993 London revival cast.
- Killer queen (by Freddie Mercury). Queen – Greatest Hits (2011 Remaster).
- I think I got you beat (by Jeanine Tesori and David Lindsay-Abaire, from Shrek). Brian d’Arcy James and Sutton Foster – 2008 original Broadway cast.
- Some day my Prince will come (by Frank Churchill and Leigh Harline, from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs). Adriana Caselotti – 1937 film soundtrack.
- Impossible (by Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein, from Cinderella). Mary Martin.
- Some day my heart will awake (by Ivor Novello and Christopher Hassall, from King’s Rhapsody). The Songs of Ivor Novello, vol. 2.
- Phenomenon! (by Karen Sokolof Javitch and Elaine Jabenis, from Princess Diana: the Musical). 1998 original cast recording.
- I just can’t wait to be king (by Elton John and Tim Rice, from The Lion King). Scott Irby-Ranniar, Kajuana Shuford, and Geoff Hoyle – 1997 original Broadway cast.
- Shall we dance? (by Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein, from The King and I). Marni Nixon and Yul Brynner – 1956 film soundtrack.
- Away from you (by Richard Rodgers and Sheldon Harnick, from Rex). Nicol Williamson and Penny Fuller – 1976 original Broadway cast.