Well tonight on Stage Door that’s exactly what we did! Yes the theme for tonight’s theatre music was Education. It was a mixture of learning, rebelling & usually learning the hard way. See the playlist below:
Thanks to my guest tonight. Lionel Bishop who is playing Hamlet with Brentwood Shakespeare Company took a break from rehearsals to come in and chat to us. Best of luck Lionel, it sounds as though it’s going to be great so if you want to go along it’s at the Brentwood Theatre Weds 13th – Sat 16th April at 8pm. Box Office is 01277 200305. To hear Lionel’s interview click below:
Other productions mentioned tonight were Guys and Dolls which is at The New Wolsey Theatre in Ipswich which I saw last night and would really recommend you go along if you can. It’s there until next Saturday 16th April. Go to www.wolseytheatre.co.uk to book. Also we looked at reviews for Smash! The Jack Rosenthal play about putting on a musical which is at the Chocolate Menier Theatre in London. It sounds fun so if you would like to go the Box Office is: 0207 907 7060.
High School Rocks is on at the Civic Theatre Chelmsford next Sunday at 6.30pm. Box Office is 01245 606505 or www.chelmsford.gov.uk/theatres.
I will be back for more theatre stuff from Stage Door next week when I will be chatting to Frank Allen from The Searchers.
- Learn your lessons well (by Stephen Schwartz, from Godspell). Gilmer McCormick – 1973 film soundtrack
- An English teacher (by Charles Strouse and Lee Adams, from Bye Bye Birdie). Chita Rivera – 1960 original Broadway cast
- Doin’ what comes natur’lly (by Irving Berlin, from Annie Get Your Gun). Bernadette Peters, Ronn Carroll and children – 1999 Broadway revival cast
- Welcome to kindergarten, Mrs Johnson (by Michael Skloff, Marta Kauffman and David Crane, from A…My Name Is Alice). Heather MacRae and Barbara Walsh – A…My Name Will Always Be Alice
- Stick to the status quo (by David Lawrence and Faye Greenberg, from High School Musical). Ashley Tisdale, Lucas Grabeel and cast of 2006 TV film
- Physical (by Steve Kipner and Terry Shadnick, from Glee). Olivia Newton-John – 2010 TV soundtrack
- Overture (by Willy Russell, from Blood Brothers). Royal Philharmonic Orchestra – 1995 international cast recording
- Carefully Taught (by Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein, from South Pacific). Bill Lee – 1958 film soundtrack
- Dancing through life (by Stephen Schwartz, from Wicked). Norbert Leo Butz, Kristin Chenoweth, and cast – 2003 original Broadway cast
- The rain in Spain (by Alan Jay Lerner and Frederick Loewe, from My Fair Lady). Martine McCutcheon, Jonathan Pryce and Nicholas Le Prevost – 2001 London revival cast
- The Harvard variations (by Laurence O’Keefe and Nell Benjamin, from Legally Blonde). 2007 original Broadway cast
- I wish I could go back to college (by Jeffrey Marx and Robert Lopez, from Avenue Q). Stephanie d’Abruzzo, Rick Lyon and John Tartaglia – 2003 original Broadway cast
- Beauty school dropout (by Warren Casey and Jim Jacobs, from Grease). Frankie Avalon – 1978 film soundtrack
- I could write a book (by Richard Rodgers and Lorenz Hart, from Pal Joey). Peter Gallagher – 1995 Broadway cast