Michelle was joined by Council Leader, Chris Hossack, for this week updates.
- Glass Collection Services (starting 28th April)
- CAN YOU HELP? VE Day 75th Anniversary Virtual Celebration the Council want your stories email@example.com
- Grass Cutting
- Question from Tony from the Brentwood Open Facebook Page “Do the Council have a plan to deal with the increase in fly tipping & rubbish in the Borough’s country Lanes! the new trend is used disposable gloves and masks being disposed of kerbside, parking sites and again country roads, do the council have a plan to remove this unsafe waste?? Particularly bad in little Warley”.
- Question from Simon on Twitter “Why does Chris not use Twitter?
- How to contact Chris
- St Georges Day Celebrations
- Planning for Recovery (Brentwood High Street, Online Retail)
- Business Grants (809 Businesses already helped 11.3 million distributed so far) Please go to Brentwood Council’s website to apply.
- Food Donations – Town Hall
- Lock Down
The Brentwood Community Hub based at the Town Hall celebrated its continued success distributing the donations to vulnerable residents. Groups working together include Brentwood COVID-19 Mutual Aid, Brentwood Residents Action Group (Brag Brentwood), Manna Meals, Brentwood FoodBank and the @Daily Bread Pop up Cafe. Emergency Care Bags are distributed via referrals into the Town Hall Hub from Brentwood's community organisations. The public donations, as well as food sourced through charities and businesses are stored and sorted in a secure room at Brentwood Borough Council.Leader, Cllr Chris Hossack said; “We are five weeks into Lockdown and the way the community has come together is extraordinary. These guys have established themselves, rallied volunteers and residents, complied with the rules that are in place to sort the donations and deliver them. It is an accolade to them all that they have managed to do this in such a short period of time. It is a vital service and much appreciated.”We will be featuring each group in more detail in the coming days.Residents are welcome to donate by dropping off items into the crates to the left of Town Hall main entrance although this trip should only be part of the one hour’s exercise a day.
Gepostet von Brentwood Borough Council am Freitag, 24. April 2020
CONTACT DETAILS FOR CHRIS HOSSACK
c/o Town Hall
Mobile: 07538 101212