Michelle Ward was joined in the studio by by Norman Hornigold, Sales and Marketing Director, at SEH BAC. Norman has worked in the home improvement sector for decades and he shared tips for keeping listeners’ homes secure this winter.
At SEH BAC we create bespoke home improvements serving all requirements in double glazing, triple glazing, windows, doors, conservatories and more. We offer all of our clients the best service in the marketplace. That’s why we are the number one providers of double glazing products in Essex, Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire and the South East with over 45 years of trading!
At this time of year, home security is more important than ever. With clocks going back, nights drawing in, and the festive season leaving hundreds of thousands of homes empty as people travel to see family and friends, it’s the perfect time for burglars – and you need to take action to keep your property safe.
Security/Winter Month Stats
- A third of all burglaries take place between November and February.
- Theft insurance claims rise 34% in the winter months.
- Insurance claims rise 115% on Bonfire Night, and 45% on Halloween.
- Every Christmas, the average household receives £882’s worth of presents – a tempting target for burglars.
- More than a quarter of households have no security in place besides locks on the windows and doors.
- 5% of burglaries take place due to a door being left unlocked.