Peter Everett, CEO at Lighthouse Furniture Project, came in to talk about their work. Lighthouse Furniture Project supports local communities in and around Brentwood, Billericay and Basildon with low cost furniture, white goods and small electricals.
Lighthouse Furniture Project operate a 2 tier pricing system on many items, especially for those on certain Means Tested Benefits. They discount the items according to how essential they are (i.e. beds get a bigger discount than display cabinets) for those on benefits.
The sale of goods is used to cover their operating costs enabling LFP to be self sufficient, allowing LFP to focus on helping those struggling to help themselves, to provide training, helping us to expand to and work with other charities to start new projects, so we can help more people.
- Support those in need by providing items for those that have no way of affording it otherwise
- Collect furniture donated to us in Brentwood as well as many of the surrounding towns
- Sell furniture from our warehouse to the everyone to further our charitable aims
- Deliver furniture to customers
- Work in partnership with the Council and over 50 agencies to support the community