Want to be part of the Phoenix FM experience?
Of course you do! We’re one of the longest-established community radio stations in the UK. Formed in 1996, we undertook a dozen 28-day trial broadcasts in Brentwood, Billericay and Basildon until we went on air full time on 98.0FM in March 2007. We’ve had a weird and wonderful selection of people involved in presenting regular programming, including local stars such as Steve Davis, and music heroes including Les Carter, Jake Shillingford, Chris T-T and Dominic Masters.
Like most community radio stations we are staffed wholly by volunteers. There is no likelihood of any paid positions comimg up in the foreseeable future.
PHOENIX FM is always on the look out for new volunteers who would like to get involved with presenting shows, fundraising, journalism, production or anything else that helps to put a community radio station on air.
We’re looking for people who:
- primarily, are local to us (Brentwood/Billericay)
- are enthusiastic
- are knowledgeable about what they want to do
- can motivate themselves
- can promote what they do on the internet and elsewhere
- are happy to help us out with publicity and fundraising from time to time
At the moment we’re specifically looking for:
- a Sunday Breakfast show presenter
- people interested in local sport to support our Saturday sport show
- people who would be interested in providing local content for shows (reviews, interviews, etc) and can provide a regular weekly commitment towards this. This may eventually lead to a specific show.
Preferred candidates should be able to devote a little bit of extra time towards our fundraising and publicity events as well.
If that sounds like you, then please register on the form below, and someone will get back to you.
We never broadcast pre-recorded syndicated shows. No matter how good they are!
We are not taking placements for work experience at present.
So what are you waiting for … get in touch!