Essex Senior League – Saturday 24th October Round-Up

Report by Pete Dudley @ped1980 / Photo by Clapton FC @ClaptonFootball


Clapton 1 Enfield 5 

Enfield came from behind to thrash nine man Clapton at The Terence McMillan Stadium, it began well for the hosts when Petrit Elbi put them ahead after just two minutes, but The E’s took control thereafter and levelled througb Olly Miles before Lewis Francis grabbed his first goal for the club, a sublime strike from the edge of the box, to give the visitors the lead.    It was three when Bouchie netted, and it was 4-1 to Enfield at the break after Joe Thomas netted from the spot, this after a handball on the goal line resulted in a red card for the home side. Tons keeper Declan Maiorano was then dismissed before the break after a foul on Miles, leaving them down to nine men for the entire second period, and Miles netted his second of the day to make it five after a great team move ended with him tapping in.    Clapton remain second bottom after this latest loss and are still without a win this term, whilst The E’s second win of the campaign sees them up to 15th.


Hashtag United 1 Southend Manor 1 

League leaders Hashtag United dropped points for only the second time this season after they were held at The Len Salmon Stadium by Southend Manor.    Luca Frankis gave the visitors an early lead but seven minutes after the break Tags levelled when Jesse Waller Lassen dinked a ball to the far post where birthday boy Albert Keith was on hand to poke home.    The Tags remain five points clear at the top despite dropping points, whilst Manor, who are still unbeaten against Hashtag in the ESL, are in 6th  following this superb point against the leaders.


Ilford 3 Woodford Town 0 

The Foxes heaped more misery on Woodford Town as they were the latest side to inflict defeat on them after victory at Cricklefield.    Dimi Christou’s screamer just past the quarter hour mark gave the hosts the lead, and they doubled that lead midway through the first period after Yemi Adelani held off his marker before thumping home.    And the game ended with a third for the Foxes when Sylvester struck a ball from his own half which caught the wind and looped over the visitors keeper and into the net to cap a fine afternoon for the hosts.    Ilford’s second win of the season sees them up to 14th, whilst the visitors remain bottom and are still without a point from nine league matches so far.


Saffron Walden Town 0 Walthamstow 1 

Dwade James netted a second half penalty as Stow grabbed a hard-fought win at Catons Lane against Saffron Walden Town.    The deciding moment came when a Toner free kick struck a hand in the defensive wall, much to the hosts disgust, and James stepped up to send his ‘panenka’ style penalty into the net to give the visitors the points.    Defeat for Walden, there second in less than a week, sees them down in 8th, whilst Stow rise to 4th after their sixth win in nine league games this term.


Sawbridgeworth Town 0 Hoddesdon Town 2 

It was back down to earth with a bump for The Robins and a good bounce back from Hoddesdon after the visitors netted victory at Crofters.    Harry Andic gave the visitors the lead on the half hour mark and they sealed the points three minutes from time when substitute Harrison Rookard netted, and it means The Robins are now down in 13th  spot after their sixth loss in eleven;  the Lilywhites climb to 5th after their fifth win this term.


Sporting Bengal United 1 West Essex 0 

A Rachid Qist penalty was enough for Sporting Bengal United to grab their third win in four games after victory over West Essex a Mile End.  The penalty came early on after a foul inside the box, and Qist stepped up to send the spot kick high into the net, and it proved enough for victory after the visitors saw a goal ruled out after a foul on the keeper, much to their dismay.  Sporting’s fourth win of the campaign sees them up to 12th, whilst defeat for West, their fourth this season, sees them drop to 10th.


Stansted 1 Cockfosters 1 

It was honours even at Hargrave Park as Stansted and Cockfosters could not be separated in their contest, The Airportmen broke the deadlock twenty minutes into the second half after a Hammond delivery took a deflection off Coyne and ended up in the net, but the hosts lead lasted just three minutes as good work from Mullings saw him square for Clarke who tapped home and saw this one end in a draw.    Stansted remain in 3rd and behind 2nd-placed Cockfosters on goal difference;  the visitors have now not won in three after winning their first six.


Takeley 5 St Margaretsbury 0 

Elliott Long netted a hat-trick inside twenty minutes of this contest as Takeley thrashed St Mags at Station Road.  Long netted early on before adding two more on 17 and 19 minutes to give his side a perfect start, and the striker netted his and the hosts fourth before the break to see his side go into the changing rooms with the points virtually in the bag. Ryan Lynch then added a fifth in the second period to cap a fine display, seeing them into the top half for the first time this season, whilst for St Mags they drop to third bottom after their fourth defeat in eight league games.

A big thank you to all of the companies and organisations which help to support Phoenix FM all year round

Business Club Members: The Beeches | Blue Serif | Brandler Galleries | Foretell Digital | Hallmark Care Homes | Kinetic Podiatry | Newboulds Solicitors | RCH Brentwood Care Centre | Saint Francis Hospice | Utilize

Other sponsors: Abacus Shutters | Ashwells | Bennetts Funerals | Foxtel | Healthwatch Essex | Landons Solicitors | Liberty Hygiene | Pinney Talfourd | Ramsay Health Springfield Hospital | RP2 Media | Shepherd Neame

© Phoenix FM 1996-2021. Written using Notepad and PHP.