This weeks Brentwood Council updates with Tracey Lilley, Director of Housing and Enforcement.
Plan for Jobs: Chancellor increases financial support for businesses and workers
The government today announced it will increase the reach of its winter support schemes:
- Cash grants of up to £2,100 per month will be distributed primarily to businesses in the hospitality, accommodation and leisure sector who may be adversely impacted by the restrictions in high-alert level areas
- The Self Employed Income Support Scheme will continue, with grants increasing to 40% of previous earnings, the maximum grant will increase from £1,875 to £3,750. There will be two further grant payments, covering the three months from November to January and February to April.
- An update to the Job Support Scheme (JSS) will reduce the employer contribution to those unworked hours to just 5%, and reduce the minimum hours requirements to 20%, so those working just one day a week will be eligible for JSS
- Tier 2 Changes for business and for households
- Spot Checking in Hospitality Venues
- Monies already allocated by Brentwood Council