Non-League Round-up 13/10/20



For the second consecutive season Maldon & Tiptree find themselves in the Fourth Qualifying Round of the FA Cup.

The Isthmian North outfit – who in 2019/20 scored a famous First Round Proper victory away to Leyton Orient before narrowly exiting the competition against Newport County – won 1-0 away to National League South opponents Braintree Town thanks to Andre Hasanally, who scored the only goal of the game 15 minutes from time.

Fellow Isthmian North side Canvey Island are also potentially 90 minutes from the First Round Proper.

The Gulls travelled to Bedfont Sports of the Isthmian South Central and scored a 2-0 victory, with first half goals from Harrison Chatting and Michael Finneran seeing them through.

But Barking‘s FA Cup adventure is over, as hosts Hartley Wintney of the Southern League Premier Division South beat Justin Gardner’s side by three goals to one.

Isaac Westendorf put the Blues in front after 19 minutes, but Daniel Flemming later put the ball into his own net and further goals from Lukas Burt and Sam Argent saw the home side go through.

Aveley also went out, losing 2-0 away to Cray Valley Paper Mills for whom Ade Yusuff scored a second half brace.

And there was a narrow exit for Hornchurch.

The Isthmian Premier League outfit were just four minutes away from knocking out National League South hosts Hampton & Richmond Borough, goals from Chris Dickson and Ellis Brown having cancelled out Liam Smith’s opener for the Beavers.

But Niko Muir’s 86th minute equaliser ensured that the tie would be decided on penalties, and Hampton & Richmond won the shoot-out 4-3.

Concord Rangers of the National League South also secured a Fourth Qualifying Round spot, after a 2-1 victory at Whyteleafe.

Ryan Gondoh gave the home side the lead in only the second minute, but Tosan Popo levelled not long before the break and Sam Blackman secured a win for the Beachboys with 16 minutes remaining.

In the National League Dagenham & Redbridge slipped to a 2-0 defeat away to Woking, first half goals from Jack Cook and Malachi Napa securing all three points for the Surrey side.

Meanwhile in the Isthmian North, there was a goalfest at Tilbury where the honours were shared with visitors Great Wakering Rovers in a 3-3 draw.

Lewis Smith gave the Dockers the lead with 17 minutes played, before Billy Harris equalised late in the first half.

Wakering had to play on with ten men after Connor Martin was shown a red card 9 minutes into the second period.

But in spite of that setback, Ayo Odukoya put Rovers ahead on 68 minutes before a Thomas Barton own goal gave them a 3-1 lead six minutes later.

But Tilbury rallied, and Ola Ogunwamide was their hero with two late goals in as many minutes to ensure a point for the early season pacesetters.

In the Isthmian South Central Waltham Abbey are the league leaders, and made it four wins out of four as their trip to Hertford Town resulted in a 2-1 win.

First half goals from Ryan Dear and Billy Holland put Abbey in the driving seat, and although Dear received a straight red card after 25 minutes they held on for victory, despite Paul Symes’ reply for the home side 9 minutes after the restart.

But Harlow Town continued their disappointing start to the season, and have now lost four of their five league matches after a hat-trick from Ogo Obi saw Hanwell Town beat them 3-0 at Barrows Farm.






A big thank you to all of the companies and organisations which help to support Phoenix FM all year round

Business Club Members: The Beeches | Blue Serif | Brandler Galleries | Foretell Digital | Hallmark Care Homes | Kinetic Podiatry | Newboulds Solicitors | RCH Brentwood Care Centre | Saint Francis Hospice | Utilize

Other sponsors: Abacus Shutters | Ashwells | Bennetts Funerals | Foxtel | Healthwatch Essex | Landons Solicitors | Liberty Hygiene | Pinney Talfourd | Ramsay Health Springfield Hospital | RP2 Media | Shepherd Neame

© Phoenix FM 1996-2021. Written using Notepad and PHP.