Brentwood, 2.17am: 13°C, few clouds

The One Hit Wonder World Cup – Round 2


Round two off the One Hit Wonder World Cup saw Scott Ross backing Deep Blue Something’s “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” as Group B’s presenter pick. Then, it was up to you to cast your votes on Twitter and Facebook to choose a winner from the rest of Group B.

Europe’s “The Final Countdown” secured a place in the semifinals with 64% of the Twitter vote and a 4 vote margin on the Facebook poll. “What’s Up?” by 4 Non-Blondes missed out in second place with the remaining 36% of your Twitter votes. “Macarena” and “She’s Like The Wind” only managed 1 Facebook vote each but since we received a request for it, we did the Macarena live on drivetime… never again!

Tomorrow, the fun continues with more of the same from 3pm and we’ll be sending two more one hit wonders through to the dizzy heights of semifinal fame! You’ll be able to vote on Twitter @StewPink or @PhoenixFM and via the Phoenix FM Facebook page.

If you missed it, I’ll be putting together a mix of the best bits from my Drivetime cover on my regular podcast. Just search “Stewart Pink” whenever you get your podcasts from and if you’re a fan of my shows then be sure to tune in for my regular hangouts – I present The As Yet Untitled Rock Show every Tuesday from 10pm and The One2Three Show every Friday from 1pm.

Playlist:

Train – Hey, Soul Sister

Deep Blue Something – Breakfast at Tiffanys

Annie Lennox – Walking on Broken Glass

Wham! – Wake Me Up Before You Go Go

INXS – Mystify

Katy Perry – Hot N Cold

Elvis Presley – Return To Sender

Florence and the Machine – Ship To Wreck

Keane – Spiralling (radio edit)

George Ezra – Pretty Shining People

Meghan Trainor – All About That Bass

James Blunt – 1973

Fountains Of Wayne – Stacy’s Mom

Gotye feat Kimbra – Somebody That I Used To Know

Heaven 17 – Temptation

Abba – Does Your Mother Know

Prince – Purple Rain (single edit)

Bryan Adams – Heaven

B-52’s – Love Shack

Kinks – All Day And All Of The Night

Mika – Grace Kelly

Maroon 5 – This Love

Ten Tonnes – G.I.V.E

Phil Collins – Two Hearts

Jason Mraz – I’m Yours

Marshmello Ft Chvrches – Here With Me

Taylor Swift – Bad Blood

James Bay – Best Fake Smile

Los Del Rio – Macarena

4 Non Blondes – What’s Up

Europe – The Final Countdown

Coldplay – Up and Up

Phoenix FM's partners

Beeches Care Home | Billericay Town Council | Billericay Town FC | Blue Serif | Brandler Galleries | Brentwood Chamber of Commerce | C2C | Creative Recording Studios | Crystal Communication Solutions | Elan Fire and Security Group | F Barnes solicitors | Foxtel Audio Visual Solutions | Healthwatch Essex | Hawkhurst Alternative Investments | Holiday Inn | Hopefield Animal Sanctuary | Latitude Festival | Leyton Orient FC | LMS Heating Solutions | Network Magazine | NHS | O'Wango and TT Smart | Pure Orthodontics | Rainer Hughes | Renewables In Africa | Saint Francis Hospice | SEHBAC | Standon Calling Festival | Studio 6 Music | Will Protect

© Phoenix FM 1996-2019. Written using Notepad and PHP.