Welcome to the fourth episode of the Mental Health Matters podcast on Phoenix FM. This episode features the conclusion to my conversation with Character Development teacher and mental healer Chris Deojee and a clip from YouTube channel provider Wild Thing.
You can listen to it here:
With Chris we continued with topics including the effects of nutrition on mental health, the confusion with genders and societal and political changes and continuing to look at solutions.
Based in Suffolk, but practices around London and through Essex. He wouldn’t specifically call himself a mental healer, with all the technical connotations that would convey, but a lot of work certainly helps along those lines. And he was able to fully describe what he does and how he is able to help people.
And find out more about his nutrition and amino acid business here:
During the episode I also included a video clip from a Youtube creator called Live to Think who covers many topics on how we can improve and move forward in life. In the clip he talks about how we can listen to our bodies more and life around us. I have recorded a conversation with him to share in the next episode.
Here are links to the news items I shared during the show. First of all how mental health issues are the last thing we want to share with our colleagues at work. I don’t 100% see this as bad news, because the other issues mentioned in the survey were still issues we can share and help each other with:
Also, more news on the effects of social media, and in this case ‘selfies’ have on us. These issues come up a lot in the conversations I have on the show:
Music played during the show:
Narayan Jyoti & Ron Paz – Invocation (Doors Of My Heart – 2010)
Let us know what you think of the show
Facebook: Search “Mental Health Matters on Phoenix FM”
• Brentwood Mind 01277 234246 or brentwoodmind.org.uk
• Mind 0300 123 3393, text 86463 or Mind.org.uk
• Samaritans Free on 116 123 , e-mail: email@example.com or Samaritans.org
• SANE 0300 304 7000 (6-11pm every evening) or Sane.org.uk
• Elefriends (MH Support Forum) – elefriends.org.uk
• Rethink Mental Illness website (for factsheets/blogs etc) : rethink.org
• Parents Helpline: Call: 0808 802 5544 or www.youngminds.org.uk
(Mon-Fri 9.30am-4pm, free from mobiles & landlines)
• The Silverline – 0800 4 70 80 90 (24 hours, 7 days a week) or thesilverline.org.uk
• The CALMzone (Campaign Against Living Miserably)
(5pm-midnight every evening)
• 0808 802 5858 if you’re in London
• or call 0800 58 58 58 Nationwide or thecalmzone.net