Thank you to those who contributed to the discussion point of the week. It turns out that our listeners’ Wimbledon loves and loathes are as follows:
1) Strawberries and cream (but in truth, you could have them anytime)
2) Pimms and champagne (though the mix could be lethal)
3) Robinsons and bananas (you can tell this show goes out during tea time!)
Loathing (In London, not Vegas)
1) Replays!!!! Argh! (It wasn’t that good first time around, and to see Michael Chang play Michael Stich in 1988 is never going to create a seat-glue situation)
2) Cliff’s musical interludes (thank godness for the new roof)
3) Machine-like players (though I think Nadal smiled once?? Didn’t he?)
Top cinema releases this week are:
1) Bad Teacher (It’s Miss Diaz at her quirky, funny best!- 3 big stars!)
2) Green Lantern 3D (Comic book spectacular- 4 stars)
3) The Beaver (Sentimental but a bit odd- an acquired taste! 2 stars)
Don’t forget to catch my top TV tips, Luther on BBC1 9pm Tuesdays; The Apprentice BBC1 9pm Wednesdays; Meet the Flynns BBC1 8.30pm Wednesdays. Tonight’s recommendations are ‘The Choir that rocks’ ‘ on ITV at 9pm and ‘Piers Morgan’s Life Stories feat. Dannii Minogue’ 10.35pm ITV. I would also recommend a must see episode of our much loved ‘Come Dine with Me’ tomorrow at 8pm on C4, as it is set to feature a hairy back, coated insects and roadkill (hopefully these three do not comprise someone’s three course meal!).
Also try to watch the following DVD releases, as they all make good viewing!
1) Paul- alien comedy starring Pegg and Frost, an entertaining family watch!
2) No String’s attached- Ashton Kutcher and Natalie Portman star in a story of friendship turned romance, and the complications that presents! A solid rom-com!
3) Miracle at St Anna- follows the 92nd division’s exploits in North Africa during WW2- A must see for war film fans!
Tune in next Thursday at 6pm-8pm