Hi all – Yes it was Spring Week on Stage Door tonight. See the playlist below.
Thankyou to my guests Michael Wigley from the Christian Folk Band – Meditation and Denise from CAFOD. You can catch Michael and the band performing their show The Journey next Sunday 27th March at 7.30pm at the Brentwood Theatre. To book call 01277 200305. www.brentwood-theatre.org. Listen to an accustic version of Song of the Yahweh Forsaken by Seamus Mullholland & Chris Hawkins performed by Michael in the Phoenixfm Studio on tonight’s show here:
If you would like to go find out more about World Theatre Day which is also next Sunday 27th March, go to www.worldtheatreday.org. If you would like to go to The Play-House event at the V&A Museum it’s Friday 25th March 6.30pm-10pm it’s free and there is no need to book. Have a look at their website which is all about theatre and performance collections https://www.vam.ac.uk/collections/theatre_performance/ .
If you would like to see Blythe Spirit in London it’s at The Apollo Theatre starring Alison Steadman, Ruthie Henshall, Hermione Norris and Robert Bathurst. Check out www.londontheatre.co.uk for reviews and ticket information.
Finally, for Tommy Docherty at the Civic Theatre, Chelmsford call 01245 606505 or www.chelmsford.gov.uk/theatres. For The Taming of the Shrew at the Queens Theatre, Hornchurch call 01708 443333 or www.queens-theatre.co.uk. For the family fun day at Hylands Park, Chelmsford visit www.chelmsford.gov.uk/hylandsforkids.
Next week my guest will be Barry Howlett from the New Venture Players to talk about their next production at the Brentwood Theatre of Allo Allo. Tune in again at 6pm next Sunday 27th March.
- Aslan’s Theme (from The Chronicles of Narnia, by Geoffrey Burgon) TV soundtrack
- Spring, Spring, Spring (by Gene de Paul and Johnny Mercer, from Seven Brides for Seven Brothers) 1953 film soundtrack
- Everything’s Coming Up Roses (by Jule Styne and Stephen Sondheim, from Gypsy) Bernadette Peters – 2003 Broadway revival cast
- Mama Who Bore Me (by Duncan Sheik and Steven Sater, from Spring Awakening) Lea Michele – original Broadway cast.
- Spring Is Here (by Rochard Rodgers and Lorenz Hart, from I Married an Angel) Frank Sinatra
- A Sleepin’ Bee (by Harold Arlen and Truman Capote, from House of Flowers) Pearl Bailey, Diahann Carroll and original Broadway cast
- Main Title (by Frederick Loewe, from Gigi) 1958 film soundtrack
- Little Lamb (by Jule Styne and Stephen Sondheim, from Gypsy) – from 2003 Broadway revival cast
- Wonderful, Wonderful Day (by Gene de Paul and Johnny Mercer, from Seven Brides for Seven Brothers) Jane Powell – 1953 film soundtrack
- Isn’t This a Lovely Day (by Irving Berlin, from Top Hat) Billie Holiday – from The Ultimate Collection
- Springtime for Hitler (by Mel Brooks, from The Producers) John Barrowman and company – 2005 film soundtrack
- It Might As Well Be Spring (by Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein, from State Fair) Louanne Hogan – 1945 film soundtrack
- When April Sings (by Robert Stoltz and Gus Kahn, from Spring Parade) Deanna Durbin – from 1940 film soundtrack
- Almost Like Being In Love (by Frederick Loewe and Alan Jay Lerner, from Brigadoon) Gene Kelly – 1954 film soundtrack