Here is the blog for ‘Scottish Week’ on Stage Door. Yes in honour of this week being Burns Birthday we went all Scottish on Stage Door. See the playlist below.
Thanks to my guest this week – Amy, Martin & Justin from Early Doors Productions. If you would like to go and see their production of ‘No Sex Please We’re British’ do go along to the Brentwood Theatre this week from Thursday 3rd – Saturday 5th Feb. Tickets £10 and selling fast. Box office 01277 200305.
To book for Count Arthur Strong at the Civic Theatre in Chelmsford on 12th February call 01245 606505 or www.chelmsford.gov.uk/theatres. To book for the Rock ‘n’ Roll Spectacular at the Towngate Theatre, Basildon call: 01268 465465 or www.essex-live.co.uk.
Here’s the playlist:
1. Down on MacConnachy Square from Brigadoon by Alan Jay Lerner and Frederick Loewe. Hayes Gordon, Earl Redding, Delbert Anderson and Pamela Britton, and 1947 original Broadway cast
2. How Are Things in Glocca Morra from Finian’s Rainbow by Burton Lane and E. Y. Harburg. Ella Logan 1947 Original Broadway Cast.
3. I Love A Lassie from Lauder by Harry Lauder. Jimmy Logan and the Scottish Power Pip Piper Band – from Hey, Mr Producer!
4. A Poultry Tale from Honk! By George Stiles and Anthony Drewe. Michael McLean & 2000 Scarborough Cast.
5. Red Red Rose from Red Red Rose by George Rosie and Paul Alan Johnson. John Barrowman – from Reflections from Broadway.
6. Tam O’ Shanter Overture. BBC Philarmonic Orchestra conducted by Rumon Gamba.
7. Who from Sunny by Jerome Kern, Otto Harbach & Oscar Hammerstein. Jack Buchanan – Rhythm Crazy: Popular Songs of the 1920’s.
8. When I Get My Name In Lights from The Boy From Oz by Peter Allen. John Barrowman from John Barrowman.
9. I Guess I’ll Have To Change My Plan from The Band Wagon by Arthur Schwartz and Howard Dietz. Fred Astaire & Jack Buchanan from the 1953 Film Soundtrack.
10. My One & Only Highland Fling from The Barclays of Broadway by Harry Warren & Ira Gershwin. Fred Astaire & Ginger Rogers 1949 Film Soundtrack.
11. The Heather On The Hill from Brigadoon by Alan Jay Lerner and Frederick Loewe. Gene Kelly – 1954 Film Soundtrack.
12. Hello Dear Friend from Alijcia by Jacek Bromski and Henri Seroka. Lulu – Original 1982 Film Score.
13. Super Trouper from Mamma Mia by Bennny Andersson & Bjorn Ulvaeus. Original London Cast Recording.
14. Come What May from Moulin Rouge by David Baerwald. Original Film Soundtrack to the Baz Lurhmann film.
15. The Skye Boat Song by Sir Harold Boulton & Annie MacLeod. Barbara Dickson – The Collection.
16. When Words Fail from Shrek The Musical by Jeanine Tesori & David Lindsay-Abaire. Original Broadway Cast.
17. Willkomen from Cabaret by John Kander & Fred Ebb. Alan Cumming and the 1998 Broadway Cast Recording.