I thought it would be nice to do a week focusing on new writing and it was great to get the opportunity to play some stuff that you don’t normally get to hear that often and look at some of the new talent that is out there – see the playlist below.
Before that though, thank you to my guest Hetty Burton who chatted about her story collecting project for Jibber Jabber in Chelmsford. If you have any stories of Chelmsford Characters or anecdotes about the town that you would like to share you can email Hetty at email@example.com or find her Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/esmemeak . The whole Jibber Jabber Story telling event is actually running throughout February and March with the concluding day on the 19th March. To find out more go to the website: https://www.chelmsford.gov.uk/index.cfm?articleid=19600
If you would like to find out about more of the comedy writing between myself and Emma Sweeney go to girlfridayproductions.wordpress.com
Don’t forget the competition! To win two tickets to see Pluck – The Titanic Show at the Civic Theatre in Chelmsford on 22nd January at 7.45pm. To enter answer this question: What style of music do they play is it: A Classical, B Punk or C Rock. Answers to firstname.lastname@example.org
As there were a lot of new artists and events tonight here are some other useful links I mentioned:
1. Untitled Opening Number (by Jeff Bowen, from [Title of Show]) Heidi Blickenstaff, Hunter Bell, Jeff Bowen and Susan Blackwell – 2006 off-Broadway cast recording
2. I Gave It Away (by Michael Friedman, from Gone Missing) The Civilians – off Broadway recording
3. Some Lovers (by Burt Bacharach and Steven Sater, from Gift of the Magi) Rumer – from Burt Bacharach at Christmas
4. Earth’s Flower (by Gary Sullivan and John Trent Wallace, from The Hunchback of Notre Dame) Michael McLean
5. Going Green Podcast (dialogue by Roslyn Ure and Emma Jane Sweeney)
6. Apathetic Man (by Marcy Heisler and Zina Goldrich) Lauren Kennedy – from Here and Now
7. Who I’d Be (by Jeanine Tesori and David Lindsay Abaire, from Shrek) Brian d’Arcy James, Sutton Foster and Daniel Breaker – 2009 original Broadway cast
8. Prologue (by Mike Batt, from The Hunting of the Snark) London Symphony Orchestra, with John Gielgud – 1985 original concept album
9. Every Tear a Mother Cries (by George Stiles and Anthony Drewe, from Honk!)
10. Partners in Rhyme (by Verity Quade and Rob Archibald) Rob Archibald and Verity Quade – from Scrap Book
11. Intoxication (by Michel Legrand, Alain Boublil and Herbert Kretzmer, from Marguerite) Julian Ovenden and Ruthie Henshall – 2008 original London cast
12. Life Through a Lens (by Verity Quade and Rob Archibald)
13. Autumn Days (by Stuart Matthew Price) Stuart Matthew Price – from All Things in Time
14. My Lifelong Love by Georgia Stitt and recorded by Lauren Kennedy – from Here and Now
15. Goodbye to Boston by Sam Davis on the album Love On A Summer Afternoon recorded by David Hyde Pearce.
16. Summer With You by John Kander. Sung by Rebecca Luker from Greenwich Time.