If you had five tokens for a time machine where would you go?
That’s the level of contemporary cutting-edge discourse you can expect from the Tom Walker show…
This was a nattery show. Generally meandering through the hypothetical echelons of time. It was good to be back really having taken a few weeks off to recourperate from 2010. New Years Eve saw me dressed as the campest possible musketeer you can imagine (‘Cher’ wig and chest wig included). I even had a little bin bag cape. Dream.
I played a few tunes I’ve wanted to for a while…
Duck Sauce – Babs Streisand
War – Low Rider
Estelle Ft Kanye – American Boy (for the robotics)
Florence and the Machine – You got the Love
Dropkick Murphy’s – I’m shipping up to Boston (‘that song from The Departed’)
Dad’s Record of the Week** ZZ Top – La Grange
The XX – Crystallised
Beach Boys – Good Vibrations
Iggy – The Passenger
Mystery Jets Ft Laura Marling – Young Love
Smashing Pumpkins – Disarm
Roxy Music – Love is the Drug
Rant of the week** People whinging about the snow – inevitably be better prepared for it – it could happen at winter. What do Polar bears do? The same goes for flu – get more jabs in, it happens every year ‘we’ve run out’. Why have we run out? Don’t run out. Ahhh. Better now.
Tom’s Top 5 ‘Places to go in a Time Machine’…
5. Watch the Big Bang – essentially a ‘good specatcle’.
4. Watch the Armada getting whooped – with a Pimms.
3. Ali/Foreman – Rumble in the Jungle – he was writing checks with his mouth that his body couldn’t cash, but then essentially Ali cashed them anyway – much to everyones suprize. I wouldn’t be suprized in my time machine. But it would be good anyway. And I’d have a flutter on him too so – cashback.
2. Speech by Luther King – probably the ‘dream’ one. Just a good speaker really and a bit inspirational.
1. Woodstock ’69. Peace man.