Part of feeling good is sometimes taking the time to take stock and savour what you’re doing – so on this week’s Feelgood Saturday I invited local mindfulness expert Andy Powell in to the show to do just that.
Andy has been practising mindfulness for 15 years and had some really useful tips for helping us enjoy being present and get a little mental calm. Particularly important in the run-up to Christmas when we can all get a bit frazzled by all the shopping, parties and dashing about like a headless chicken (or should that be turkey).
To hear my full interview with Andy, on why mindfulness is important, who can do it and how to do it – click the link below:
He also guided us through a quick three-minute starter session – a great taster for what it means to be mindful. You can listen back to that below:
Elsewhere on the show we covered the Entertainment news, crowd-sourced some ideas for how I can spend my time off work over Christmas and also I predicted the winner of Strictly 2017! (I was right by the way!).
Listen back to the whole show here:
Full track listing is below:
- Everybody wants to rule the world by Tears for Fears
- Perfect by Ed Sheeran
- Hey ya! by Outkast
- The heat is on by Glenn Frey
- ET by Katy Perry
- Virginia plain by Roxy Music
- Step into Christmas by Elton John
- Ain’t nobody by Rufus & Chaka Khan
- Sign of the times by Harry Styles
- Galvanize (feat. Rejjie Snow) by Pete Tong, Jules Buckley & the Heritage Orchestra
- You make my dreams come true by Daryl Hall & John Oates
- Once more around the block by Badly Drawn Boy
- Cry baby by Paloma Faith
- Never forget by Take That
- Golden slumbers by Elbow
- Take me in your arms (rock me) by Doobie Brothers
- Human nature by Michael Jackson
- Reggaeton lento (remix) by CNCO & Little Mix0
- Have yourself a merry little Christmas by Sam Smith
As always you can tweet along with the show by following me @naomisayers.