Snapshot of Stories
Nestle is recalling some of its varieties of Chunky Kit Kat after seven people found pieces of plastic in bars. Peanut butter, hazelnut, choc fudge and caramel 48g bars are being recalled, along with Kit Kat Chunky collection giant eggs. The company said the products should be returned, unopened, for a full refund. Nestle said the products were being recalled as a precautionary measure and that no other Kit Kat products were affected. “The safety and quality of our products are non-negotiable priorities for the company. We sincerely apologize to our consumers for any inconvenience caused by this voluntary recall,” it said in a statement.
The products recalled are:
- Kit Kat chunky peanut butter 48g bars with a best before date range from September 2013 to February 2014
- Kit Kat chunky hazelnut 48g bars with a best before date range from September 2013 to to October 2013
- Kit Kat chunky choc fudge 48g bars with a best before date range from September 2013 to October 2013
- Kit Kat chunky caramel (48g) with a best before date range from June 2013 to July 2013
- Kit Kat chunky hazlenut multipack with a best before date range from from September 2013 to December 2013
- Kit Kat chunky collection giant egg with a best before date of July 2013.
The affected products are predominantly sold in the UK, with small amounts also sold in Germany, Switzerland, Malta, Austria, Singapore, the Philippines and Canada. Kit Kat is one of Nestle’s top-selling brands, with 150 bars consumed worldwide every second.
Cranberries – Show Me The Way
Madcon – Beggin’
DJ Dado – x Files
Taylor Swift – 22
Flo Rida – Let It Roll
Florence And The Machine – Kiss With A Fist
One Direction – Little Things
Mike Sarne – Code of Love
Laura Mvula – Green Garden
Morten Harket – Burn Money Burn
Travis – Why Does It Always Rain On Me?
Heather Small – Proud
Little Mix – Change Your Life
Rob Thomas – Lonely No More
Thrills – Santa Cruz (You’re Not That Far)
Pet Shop Boys – I Started A Joke
Feeder – High
Elton John – Nikita
Genesis – Invisible Touch
Diana Ross – Chain Reaction
Dead or Alive – You Spin Me Round (Like A Record)
Steve Winwood – Valerie
BeeGees – You Win Again
Modern Talking – Brother Louie
Dexy’s Midnight Runners – Geno
Cyndi Lauper – Time After Time
Cars – Drive
Snippets from the week’s news, sliced, diced and processed for your convenience.
1. American literature has become more emotional and British books less so.
2. Jaffa cakes are MPs’ favourite tea-time snack.
3. Russian bears get addicted to aviation fuel.
4. South Korean media often refer to national politicians using only their initials.
5. Despite huge variations in appearance, there is only one species of giant squid.
6. Noam Chomsky’s tipple is gin and tonic.
7. Relative to population size, Malta receives the most asylum applications.
8. Twitter’s logo used to be a garish green.
9. Locust is the only insect considered kosher.
10. Sydney Harbour ferry “the Anne Sergeant” is named after a netball coach.